We’ve been studying Ancient Rome this fall. I’m making a list of all the resources we’ve used and will share next week.
We did an activity from this book. It was fun.
The recipe is for air drying clay, made with corn starch and salt. It was easy to make. The kids did all the measuring and cooking.
But even after a week it hasn’t dried very well. It’s still soft. So it doesn’t stand very well. But it was fun. They talked about the decorative aspects of the pieces. How to make it fit each other, how to make them in proportion… all in all a great activity. But I think next time I’d try a different recipe for a clay.